CAT 2017 Notification – CAT Exam 2017 Date & All Important Details – CAT or the Common Admission Test till date, remains one of the most important entrance exams for a student aiming to do management studies in India. Conducted every once in a year, the CAT holds the hopes of almost two lakh students vying aggressively for a relatively limited number of seats in the highly reputed IIM’s and other premier non IIM business schools. This entrance exam is conducted by a set of IIM Members, also referred to as BLACKIS on a rotational basis every year most commonly at the end of November or the beginning of December. All MBA aspirants in the country looking to do management studies in some of the premier institutes of the nation take this CAT exam to be their foremost priority. The CAT exam generally tests the Logical ability, Quantitative Reasoning and Verbal proficiency through question in the areas of Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) for a total of three hours.
CAT 2017 Notification Released – IIM Lucknow to Conduct this Exam
CAT 2017 Notification Released – IIM Lucknow to Conduct this Exam – Based on the recently released notification for CAT 2017 on July 29, this year, IIM Lucknow has taken up the onus of conducting this popular exam on the Sunday, 26 th of November 2017 in the online format for all the students looking to do their Post graduate programs and Fellow programs in business studies. The notification has clear information regarding all the key dates for the exam such as the Application Commencement (August 9, 2017), Application last date (September 20, 2017) and also the date of issue of Admit Card (October 18, 2017). There is also information regarding the different IIM institute programs here in this notification serving to give the applicant a clear idea as to the different programs that are available at each specific school.
CAT Notification 2017 – Key Details for Common Admission Test
CAT Notification 2017 – Key Details for Common Admission Test – To clear any kind of ambiguity regarding the procedure and mechanics of the CAT exam, the recently released CAT 2017 notification has specifically dealt with all issues, providing details such as eligibility, reservation, fee details, test centers and also the admission process. The general eligibility requirement is a Bachelors degree from any recognized university or institute with a minimum aggregate of 50 for general category applicants and 45 minimum aggregate for reserved category applicants. There is also a provision for students in their final year of their Bachelors degree to take the exam subject to a few conditions. There is also reservation of seats for students from the different categories. A general category student would have to pay 1800 INR as the application fee while reserved category has to pay 900 INR either through credit/debit card or net banking. Regarding the test centres, the management has decided to conduct the test in 140 cities across the country giving due regard to the convenience of its applicants. The admission procedure is left to the institute giving them free reins regarding the process of conducting admission such as conducting an interview or so. There is also a helpdesk facility to clarify any remaining doubts in the notification.
CAT 2017 Registration Dates & Application Fee Details
CAT 2017 Registration Dates & Application Fee Details – Below we have provided all the relevant information regarding the Registration Dates and all other activities for CAT 2017 Examinations. We have also provided the details regarding required application fee and all other information. Aspirant, who are preparing for these examinations and looking to apply may get all these details below.
|CAT 2017 Important Dates & Schedule|
|Registration Opens:||9th August 2017|
|Registration Closes:||20th September 2017|
|Admit Card Will be Available On:||18th October 2017|
|Examination Date:||26th November 2017|
|Result Will be Available On:||January 2018|
|CAT 2017 Registration Fee Details|
|For General Category Students:||Rs. 1800/-|
|For SC / ST / PwD Candidates:||Rs. 900/-|
That’s the complete information regarding CAT Notifications and important dates for various activities. Concerning students may check all the details and relative information right on this page.
CAT 2017 Eligibility Details – Complete Eligibility Requirements
CAT 2017 Eligibility Details – Complete Eligibility Requirements – Below we have enlisted all required eligibility details and criteria, must must be fulfilled by any candidate who is looking to appear for this Test. Concerning students are advised to scroll down and check CAT 2017 Eligibility Details – Complete Eligibility Requirements thoroughly in order to get the crystal clear idea about the academic and other requirement.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of the Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal / Registrar of their University/institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
- Candidates applying for CAT 2017 should fulfill any one of the following conditions: Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks* Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage*. Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage*. SC / ST / PWD candidates should have minimum 45%. For General and NC-OBC candidates, minimum is 50%.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
- IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.iimcat.ac. in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing by IIMs. Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
CAT 2017 Test Notification – Common Admission Test 2017 Information
CAT 2017 Test Notification – Common Admission Test 2017 Information – Above we have provided all information and updates regarding CAT 2017 Test Notification – Common Admission Test 2017, concerning students who are looking for CAT 2017 Admit Card, Check Exam Date and Result, may bookmark this page and you will be updated with Latest CAT Update 2017 for all activities.
Share this information with all your friends and concerning people who are looking to appear for this test, so that they may also get the clear idea about CAT 2017 Notification & Eligibility details.