Best Strategy & Toppers Tips for GATE 2018 – GATE is just not an exam but it is also the booster which widens the GATE way of opportunities for engineering graduates. A candidate having good GATE score can increase the height of opportunities compared to non-GATE candidates. GATE Exam is highly preferred for those candidates who are interested to take the admission in post graduate programs and GATE score also gives an opportunity to apply more than 40 PSUs recruitment. Know here the best strategy to prepare and toppers tips which surely helps to crack the GATE Exam. Remember that preparing GATE also helps to crack many other exams such as ISRO, BARC, many PSU exams, State power corporation exams, and more. So GATE is the best exam for getting admission in higher education (M.Tech /M.S /Ph.D) and Govt. Jobs.
Best Strategy & Toppers Tips for GATE 2018
In this article we answer the following questions to understand the best strategy for GATE preparation.
- What is GATE Exam Pattern?
- What are the resources available for GATE?
- How to prepare for GATE?
- How to plan GATE preparation?
- How to practice GATE Questions?
- How to revise GATE subjects?
- What is the best way to practice through Mock Tests?
- What are the last-minute tips for GATE Exam?
What is GATE Exam Pattern?
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
- Number of Questions: 65
- Total Marks: 100
- Types of Questions: Both Multiple choice & Numerical Type
- Calculator: Only virtual calculator
- No negative marking for Numerical type questions
- Paper consists 10 General Aptitude and 55 Technical Questions
- 10 General Aptitude questions divided into 5 Questions of 1 Mark type and 5 Questions of 2 Mark type.
- 55 Technical Questions divided into 25 Questions of 1 Mark type and 30 Questions of 2 Mark type.
- One third of total marks deducted for each wrong answer to multiple choice question
What are the resources available for GATE?
- There are many resources to prepare the GATE exam.
- Preparing through standard books is the best way to crack the GATE.
- Join offline or online coaching institute to start learning
- Join Online Test Series for practicing GATE model questions
How to prepare for GATE?
There must be a clear strategy to complete the GATE Syllabus. GATE Syllabus comprises of more than 10 subjects. So, it needs hard work and dedication to prepare whole GATE Syllabus with the available resources. Analyze the syllabus and weightage of GATE topics and plan to start preparation subject or topic wise according to the importance in GATE. All the time, it is necessary to clear your doubts.
How to plan or schedule GATE preparation?
You may require 4 to 5 months of duration for completing the GATE preparation. Each subject can be prepared from 15 to 25 days. Initially start preparing slowly by spending 2 to 4 hours daily about 1 month. Later which is easier to prepare more than 4 hours in a day. So, each topic must be prepared with enough time and ensure you have understand all fundamentals of the topic.
How to practice GATE Questions?
GATE questions can be practiced in three ways:
- Practice the topic wise GATE questions after preparation of each topic. It gives complete coverage of the topic as per GATE requirement.
- Practice the subject wise GATE questions after preparation of all topics of each subject. It helps to answer the questions from different topics of the same subject.
- Practice year wise GATE questions which include the questions from the complete GATE Syllabus.
All the above strategies can be used in GATE preparation for getting more practice with GATE questions.
How to revise GATE subjects?
This is the most important thing in complete GATE preparation. If you can revise well it is easier to recall all the concepts in short time. To revise the topics or subjects, make short notes while preparing each topic to recall definitions, formulas, concepts, and other important information. For each topic, maintain the short notes which gives the best access to revise the GATE in short time. Try to revise this short note once or twice in each month so that you can recall all concepts easily at the end.
What is the best way to practice through Mock Tests?
Before attempting any mock test, recall the concepts from short notes. Revise all the topics before each test can boost your confidence to attempt the test and you can secure good marks. After each mock test attempt, analyze the mistakes and then overcome these with revision or preparation of weak topics that will fetch for next mock test.
What are the last-minute tips for GATE Exam?
If you have prepared the above strategy and tips, you no need to worry in the last minute. Try to avoid reading the new topics in the last week before the exam date. Revise the topics and recall the concepts as much as you can during the last week before the exam.
If you wish to be updated regarding the upcoming exams, download Gradeup App. It connects all GATE aspirant on one platform where you can share all good resources, notes, practice quizzes & tests, read articles and ask your doubts and discuss with experts and aspirants.